In this day and age, with the omnipresent digital working environment, the metronome is a device found EVERYWHERE. It is the case not only in recording studios, but also live, during practice as well as drum tuition. Due to the accessibility of smartphones, there is a noticeable trend to create and use an increasing number of metronome applications which are compatible with those devices and have started to replace external metronomes.
The Camtronome (written by our countryman, Maciej Sznurowski) is one such app.
Camtronome is an advanced metronome with a recording option, designed to perform live. Key features include:
- available for iOS and Android
- creating metronomes with variable tempo or time signature
- organizing metronomes to playlists
- using automatic metronomes switching to next from the playlist
- creating markers for particular metronome bars so that you can easily navigate there
- using speech synthesis to read markers
- recording performances during metronome ticking
Just before Christmas, the second generation of the application was released. Camtronome 2.0 is available for iOS (App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/camtronome/id1361748100) and Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.linksoft.camtronome).
The new features include:
- file storage in the cloud
- remote control with the help of a Bluetooth controller