Drumming legend Dennis Chambers and Pearl Drums have updated and revamped his signature snare drum.
The Pearl Dennis Chambers Signature Snare Drum uses the multi-lug design of his previous model, which employs 10 tuning points on the batter head and eight on the bottom. It also returns to the 4-ply Maple w/4-ply Re-Ring shell of Chambers’ original signature model. The real difference comes with its SR-300 Philharmonic Strainer that features three individually tunable 6-strand snappy wire snares. Each can be engaged or disengaged to further shape the sound of the drum.
As the company describes it, the snare “incorporates unique features from his previous models in an instrument that delivers unparalelled versatility, sensitivity, and sonic possibility. Not merely another drum bearing a legendary name, the new Dennis Chambers snare drum is tonally versatile enough to deliver a wide variety of sounds in any performance space. Designed to draw the best elements from Dennis’ first two Pearl Signature snare drums in a single package.”
Basic product specs:
- Manufacturer: Pearl Drums
- Model: Dennis Chambers Signature
- Size: 14″ x 6.5″
- Shell: 4-ply Maple w/4-ply reinforcement rings
- Finish: Matte Black
- Hoops: MasterCast Hoops (DC-1410/DC-1408S)
- Lugs: STL-100 (10-over-8)
- Tension rods: 18 pcs, SST-5047 Stainless Steel (10 Top/8 Bottom)
- Strainer: SR-300 w/three individually tunable 6-strand snappy wire snares