The whole team at Porter & Davies would like to congratulate their Artists who have been nominated and voted best in their class in the 2019 Modern Drummer Reader Poll. Check April 2019 Modern Drummer for the full list and a fabulous review of the BC-X.
- In the Studio category, both Matt Chamberlain and Nir Z were nominated with Matt being voted best drummer in this class. Matt, winner in the same category in 2016, has a list of credits which reads like the who’s who of rock music and includes David Bowie, Pearl Jam and Elton John to name a few.
- Another Porter & Davies artist, Matt Johnson, was chosen by the readers as the winner of the Experimental Rock section. He has played on many critically acclaimed recordings including the cult album Grace with Jeff Buckley.
- Grammy Award winner Chris Adler of Lamb of God and Megadeth, came out on top for the fifth time in the Metal category: he previously won this category 2007, 2011, 2012 and 2014. He will soon be back behind the drums with Lamb of God on their up and coming tour and in the studio recording their new album.
- Both Gavin Harrison and Nick D’Virgilio were nominated for best Progressive Drummer and once again Gavin took the readers votes. He previously won this category consecutively from 2007 to 2010 and in 2016. Gavin will be touring with King Crimson later in the year.
- In the Pop category, four of the five nominees, namely Tony Royster Jr, Eric Hernandez, Drew Shoals and Karl Brazil all use Porter & Davies tactile monitoring systems. Tony Royster Jr, the drummer of choice for artists including Jay-Z and Katy Perry was the reader’s choice in this group. He was previously successful in the R & B category in 2013 and 2102.
- Rich Redmond and Travis McNabb were both nominated in the Country/American section with Rich being selected as the overall winner for the fourth year running. Rich is the drum powerhouse behind country artists like Jason Aldean, Kelly Clarkson and many more.
- In the Clinician / Educator group readers considered Benny Greb top of the class for the second time. Considered one of modern drumming’s premier educators and performers, he has just released a new album Grebfruit 2 and continues to tour the world presenting his acclaimed clinics.
“At Porter & Davies we are very proud and humbled that so many of the world’s greatest players choose to have their own Porter & Davies systems as a central part of their working kits,’ said Dil Davies, Director, ‘and we are absolutely delighted their achievements have been recognised.”
It’s official, Porter & Davies’ world leading silent tactile monitoring systems are used by the world’s leading drummers. Find out more at http://www.porteranddavies.co.