Toontrack have announced the third generation of highly popular and sought-after software for creating and processing drum tracks – Superior Drummer.
According to the manufacturer, Superior Drummer 3 is “a complete drum production studio and the ultimate framework for creative sound design. It’s a virtual studio introducing endless possibilities for you to hone, shape and mold your drums without any thinkable creative restraints.”
The features will include the following:
- In excess of 230 GB of raw, unprocessed sounds in 44.1 kHz/24 bit
- 6 drum kits
- 25 snare drums
- 16 kick drums
- Recorded with an additional eleven separate room microphones set up in a surround configuration for a complete immersive experience
- Playback in stereo or up to 11 channel surround systems
- Engineered by George Massenburg
- Integrated offline audio to MIDI conversion
- Approx. 350 vintage and classic drum machine sounds
- 35 mixer effects
- New and improved scalable interface with detachable windows
- Edit Play Style, Tap2Find, Song Creator and Song Track features as well as improved workflow and search functionality
- Built-in MIDI grid editor
- DAW automation for built-in macro controls
- Drag & drop and import for individual and third party samples
- Support for keyboard shortcuts.
The core sound library, boasting in excess of 230 GB of raw sound material, was recorded by award-winning engineer George Massenburg at the Galaxy Studios in Belgium.
Depending on whether the buyer owns the previous Superior version or not, three configurations will be available:
- Regular – for new customers who do not own Superior Drummer 2 or EZdrummer 2
- Upgrade – for owners of Superior Drummer 2
- Crossgrade – for owners of EZdrummer 2
Superior Drummer 3 is delivered as downloads, available directly from the Toontrack Product Manager upon registration. The sound library is configured in six download packages:
1. “Software” (approx. 230 MB)
2. “Basic Sound Library” (approx. 40 GB)
3. “Room” (approx. 46 GB)
4. “Surround 1” (approx. 43 GB)
5. “Surround 2” (approx. 52 GB)
6. “Bleed” (approx. 54 GB).
Superior Drummer 3 will be launched on September 12, 2017.Share