Drummers and Drummerettes! In co-operation with our friends from Avant Drum Shop, we kindly invite you to attend a drum clinic, which will be conducted by Peter Szendofi. This drum virtuoso and an outstanding educator teaches regularly at the Drummers Collective in New York and travels the worldwith clinics and workshops. He is also an active musician, who has worked with the great guitar virtuoso Al Di Meola but is probably best known to drummers from his Loop Doctors project.
Topics to be discussed:
- Creative soloing – how to combine virtuosity and musicality
- Odd meters playing
- How to create the perfect groove for a song.
Venue: Republika Rytmu, ul. Dąbrowskiego 17, Poznań, Poland
Time: Nov 23, 2016, 6.00 p.m.
Tickets: PLN 30.
Peter is also available for a private lesson. For more info write to: email@example.com
Peter Szendofi is one of the most talented professional drummers, composers and most frequently employed musicians out of Hungary. He conducts courses, performs almost in all kinds of music at festivals and concerts and has played on about 130 albums.
He studied classical music and taught himself to play the drums at the same time. Billy Cobham had the very first and great influence on Peter and he started to put down the drummer’s songs note by note. He graduated from the faculty of Jazz at the Music Academy in 1992. In 1995, out of all the applicants at the Drummers Collective School, he was reckoned as the most talented one and he was honored with holistic scholarship for a semester. Having moved to New York, he learned from the likes of Dave Weckl, Dennis Chambers, Steve Smith, Zach Danziger, Freddie Gruber, Kim Plainfield and he took private lessons from Jojo Mayer as well.
Peter is an international endorser of such brands as TAMA, Bosphorus Cymbals, Remo drum heads and Regal Tip Sticks. He has also been a member of the Drum Set Committee of Percussive Arts Society since 2013.
Bands, music groups:
Fusio Group, Loop Doctors with Brandon Fields and Gary Willis, Trio Ricardo, Subjective Symptom, Eastwing Group.
- Major Lecturer at the Jazz Drum Department, Kodolanyi University
- Visitor Teacher at Galileo University, Guatemala
- Visitor Teacher at North Karelia University, Finland
- Master Class Artist of the Drummers Collective, New York. He has 18 years of experience in teaching.
- Major Teacher at Drummers Camp Sardinia and Atina Jazz Camp, Italy
Awards and acknowledgements:
– ‘Golden Drumstick’ award two times from the Hungarian Jazz Federation as “The Drummer Of The Year”
– ARTISJUS Award for his best contemporary compositions and arrangements in 2000.
– EMERTON Award (Music Award of the Hungarian National Radio And Television) in 2006.
– FONOGRAM (Association of All Hungarian Record Label) Award for the Loop Doctors-Gary Willis: High Voltage album as “Best Jazz Album Of 2007”.
Some of the artists he has performed with:
James Morrison, David Friedman, Gary Willis, Tony Lakatos, Brandon Fields, Chris Hunter, Al Di Meola, Kip Reed, Bob Quaranta, Shankar Lal, Ferenc Snetberger, Alegre Correa, Jojo Mayer, Tom Brechtlein.Share